1 tablespoon olive oil
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
1 small green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup water
2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chills, canned in adobo sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 (15-ounce) cans unsalted black beans, drained
1 (15-ounce) can unsalted pinto beans, drained
1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1. Heat a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
2. Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper; sauté 4 minutes.
3. Add cumin; sauté 30 seconds.
4. Stir in 1 cup water and remaining Ingredients.
5. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
6. Remove 1 cup bean mixture from pan with a slotted spoon; place in a bowl. Mash beans with a fork.
7. Stir mashed beans into chili. Simmer 5 minutes.
3 Ways to Riff: – Add ground turkey or ground beef for a meaty version; cook it with the veggies. – Use any other type of bean: kidney beans, chickpeas (garbanzo beans), or red beans. – Swap in 1 can of hominy or 1 cup frozen corn in place of 1 can of beans.
Posted in Recipes
Tags: Dining Stones dinner stones dinner that became cold food getting cold on the plate gift idea heat a plate of food heat stones keep my food warm all during the meal keep the plate warm keep warm all during the meal Plate Warmer